Sunday, February 1, 2009

Microfantasy #1 - Neverland

As always, the music is blaring as I shower, singing away the dirt off my soul. At the moment I turn the water off, in a pause between songs I hear the banging on the kitchen door. Who could it be? I'm not expecting anyone at 8:00 p.m. on a Wednesday night. The kids are with their father and my cell phone is in the bathroom with me - the father would have called if something was wrong.

I quickly pat down and toss on my robe. The knocking keeps going. Someone is really wanting my attention. Peeking out the dining room curtains I can barely see the outline of a sedan-like car because I haven't left any porch lights on and it's dark.

This is making me a little scared. I lock the deadbolt and flip on the porch light.

My head feels dizzy as I see you standing there from behind the door curtain. You smile that smile that melts me. I open the door. It's been years since I've seen you, but you look the same, just better.

"Why...what....I just got out of the shower."

"I figured. I heard the music" That same smile.

"Is something wrong? Did something happen to you or your kids?"

"No. May I come in?"

I open the door. "Come on in, let me go get some clothes on."

Mostly running to the bedroom, my mind races. What in the world are you doing here? Should I try to put on make up? Hmmm, you always said you thought me the prettiest right out of the shower. Maybe not. What can I put on? You know I wear jogging pants at home. Ok. Those red ones are cute and still casual. Crap. I think my heart is going to explode. Damn damn tears. This can only be because you want me. Right?

Ok. Just breathe.

2 comments:

Eliot

Are you thinking about fleshing this out? I'd like to read what happens next.

Kyle

ooh.. yes, very intriguing, I want to know more, too.

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP