Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Person

This person:

There was a woman waiting in the line to the ladies restroom who gave me a dirty “don't come in here” look, but I couldn't use the men's because there was a man coming down the hall who gave me the same look.




Is the same person as this person:

I can't show myself but I can't hide myself. And the pressure of holding it all in to protect everyone else just builds and builds.

... And I'm working on it. The whole self respect thing. Because I deserve it. I know I do. Just so damn hard sometimes. So hard.

It is sad that I'm laughed at and called too nice by men for treating women with basic courtesy when they should take notes.

So many lack the capacity, compassion and most often even the desire to understand, let alone comprehend difference. And even then some still can't accept it on a base level, let alone embrace it.

I would be fine for the rest of my life conforming on the outside when need be to be able to have one person who accepts me.





How is it that they judge?

What makes them think they know an inner heart from a physical appearance?

Some of the most physically “beautiful” people are ugly inside. Yet they can go anywhere they please in public without swift judgment on their characters passed upon a single glance.


The same person who notices I forgot my coat when we go outside to smoke, so he brings his, wraps me in it – his own arms bare to the freezing temperatures.

1 comments:

Kyle

I think that person is pretty cool, and you're lucky to have found each other. I also think that he should stick to his guns. I can say from experience, it may be difficult but it's very worth it.

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP