Friday, January 9, 2009

I can't keep my eyes off of You

“Work was so hard today. I hate it there. It's too much for me any more. I don't know how I'll make it.”

“You'll make it. You always do. But you don't have to think about that right now. Just come here,” with arms open and a smile.

We cooked dinner together and ate at the dining room table. My heart was so burdened with work: the clients who needed me but I couldn't help them. The coworkers who didn't care the way I did. The boss who was just as frustrated as I. He had limitless conversation topics to keep my mind from work and it's harshness.

At one point I stopped eating, placing my fork on my plate and my hands in my lap. He said, “Please eat. You aren't doing well and not eating won't help.” I said I had no appetite. He'd already finished eating.

He stood, reaching his hands for mine, pulling me into his arms. All the stress and pain of the day came flooding from my eyes. I felt his hand pull my head closer to his chest, holding me close to his heart. I said that I just wanted to lay down.

He picked me up, carrying me to the bed. He went to his computer. I asked what he was doing. He said, “I want you to know something.”

The opening notes began. Then I heard,

“What day is it, and in what month, this clock never seemed so alive. I can't keep up, and I can't back down. I've been losing so much time. Cause it's you and me and all other people.”



He gathered me in his arms and whispered “There's something about you ... Everything you do it beautiful. It's just you and me.”

2 comments:

Beautiful Dreamer

I like stories. :)

Sienna

Oh! great piece, I just sat and read it over and over. It's beautiful.

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP