Friday, January 2, 2009

Fill in the Blank


Dear _______:


Please do not ever say the following things to me:


1. You don't look like you would be interested in _____ (anything other than men).


2. You can't call yourself queer because sometimes you date men.


3. I didn't intend to insult you, you just took it the wrong way.


4. Someday you will have to chose a gender.


First: Who are you to decide what I should look like based on my sexuality, my choice of dinner entrée or anything else?


Second: I will call myself whatever I please. You should call yourself a jackass if you think otherwise.


Third: If I ever say anything that insults you, please tell me. I will promptly apologize, even if I didn't mean to insult you. I will do this because it doesn't matter what I intended if I hurt you anyway. You see, that is how people who care for each other act.


Fourth: Someday I will likely fall in love. The one time I was really in love before I didn't feel as though I made a gender choice. Furthermore, who are you to decide what type of relationship I will chose to be in at a future time?


***I won't be falling in love with anyone who says any of those things to me.***


Now


Since I know most of you reading this wouldn't say those things to me anyway:
I am so thankful I have found you, my unique online community. Even though I am physically living in a very small chlorinated fishbowl, you have welcomed me into a warm sea of acceptance. You each inspire me in your own ways to be even more myself and to cast aside those negative & hurtful judgments.


Peace, hope & love to you.

2 comments:

Beautiful Dreamer

Damn the fishbowls! (I live in one too).
Keep your head up high girly! :)

Sienna

Oh that was great. It's all good and well accepting yourself - those fuckheads that don't accept you need to be booted out of the fish bowl/sea :P

And yes! You can certainly volunteer :D

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP