Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A "Terrible" First Date

Even with directions I barely found his house. I drove by it and had to call him to figure out where to go. I pulled into the driveway and started to get out of the car. Before I could walk away from the car door, I saw him bound down the porch steps toward me like a child headed to Christmas morning. Everything about his movement attracted me to him instantly.

He suddenly was standing very close to me, smiling down with radiance. I reached to shake his hand and he pulled me into a tight hug instead. It was the first time a first-time meeting actually took my breath away. When he let go of the hug I felt dizzy and unsteady. I actually swooned.

The dinner was terrible. The restaurant music was obnoxious and loud. The service was slow and inaccurate. We still sat across from each other nodding and smiling. We attempted conversation, but it was too hard to pay attention to what was said. It wasn't the loud music. It was the amazing chemistry. Like meeting yourself in another person.

We rode back to his house with so much to say and not enough time to say it. He invited me in for some wine. He had intentionally bought the type of wine I love the most, along with some great chocolates. We sat on opposite ends of the couch, sipping wine and talking. It seemed if I moved too close to him the dream would shatter. We had no physical contact, just sitting and talking for a little more than an hour.

We took turns going to the restroom. When I got back he was sitting in the middle of the couch, leaving me no choice but to sit next to him. My nerves shook my body. He asked if I was cold when in fact I was quite flushed. We resumed talking, holding hands like high school sweethearts. There was a silent moment when he leaned back from me and studied my face. He loved my profile and asked why I didn't have more pictures of it on my site. I stuttered some inconsequential response. He said, “I think this is the part where I'm supposed to kiss you.”

1 comments:

Sienna

Swooning myself! Sounds utterly romantic, and am waiting to hear more!

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP